This is grandma hoya. I've had her for many many years - at least 20. My grandma had a large hoya on top of her tv stand in her home in Humboldt. We were watching TV and I was admiring her hoya so she gave me a clipping. My grandma passed in 2016 so this plant is special to me.
Over the years she has grown and I have given family members clippings of grandma hoya. She blooms every year around this time. .
Why is this beautiful?
- Mostly because grandma hoya reminds me of my grandma. My grandma was such an amazing person and I loved visiting her so much. I have many cherished memories
- The hoya blooms are fascinating - they start out looking like plastic and when they open the petals are like velvet. They are so unique...unique is good!
- At night the sweet almost chocolatey smell fills the front room.
- I love that pieces of grandma hoya live on in other family member's homes.
- I often chat with grandma hoya. She's a good listener.